The Carbon Resource Energy and Adaption Toolbox Europe
Project Title: CREATE — Embedding advanced urban material stock methods within governance processes to enable circular economy and cities resilience
Work Package Structure
The CREATE project follows a set of strategic underpinnings that connect the different work packages in three dimensions:
Funding programThe CREATE project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 875022.
JPI Urban Europe definition:
There are 4 key components of a Living Lab.
Steps of LivingLabs
There are 2 phases with 6 steps respectively for a Living Lab, starting with a pre phase and following by a development phase
- Nijmegen in the Netherlands
- Gothenburg in Sweden
- Olof Asklunds gata
Redevelopment of an industrial area in Södra Änggården into a residential area with apartment buildings, a park, a square, a school, etc. Traffic Waste and Wastewater office of Gothenburg will be involved in a project that concerns all streets and public land, including other infrastructure such as water and wastewater, electricity, energy, etc.
- Area TBD (Framtiden)
- Rennes Metropolitan area in France
October 20-21 - [Physical CREATE project meeting in Gothenburg](/post/create-meeting-gbg/)
Project results/ Deliverables
- Develop and visualize an overview of material stocks and flows that are part of the built environment,
- Provide tailored software solutions to cities that support a circular built environment, and
- Co-create governance arrangements that enable a broader participation of stakeholders, experimentation with decision-support information, and the upscaling of best practices.
- Deliverable 2.1 Stakeholder practices and needs
- Deliverable 5.1 Description of material and energy flows of urban building and infrastructure construction